Thursday, 22 January 2015

soal ulangan semester ganjil SMP kelas 9


I.   CHOOSE THE RIGHT ANSWER : A, B, C, OR D !
     
Text for no. 1 to 4!
Fruits are a source of nourishing substances that keep us a live and healthy. For example, they contain many vitamins, especially vitamin A and C, and many minerals, such as calcium, potassium, and zinc. They also provide fiber for a healthy digestive system and carbohydrates that the body needs to make energy. They don’t have a lot of calories to make us fat.
People use fruits for many things. We make juices from them. We cook bread and pie with them. We make jams and jellies and sweets. We freeze them to eat later. We even make alcohol from fruit. Beer comes from grains, wine comes from grapes, and some brandies are made from plum, apricots, or other fruits.
But most of the time, we don’t do anything special with fruits. We eat them fresh, just as they are !

1. The text above is in the form of ................
     a. Procedure text                                            c. Descriptive text
     b. Report text                                                  d. Narrative text
2.  What is the main idea of the second paragraph?
     a. We make juice from fruit                          
b. People use fruits for many things
c. Some beer and brandies are made of fruits
d. We freeze fruits to eat whenever we need later
3.  Which substance do we need to have a healthy digestive system ?
     a. Vitamins                  b. Calories                   c. Fiber                      d. Carbohydrate
4. “We Freeze them to eat.” (par 2).
The word “Freeze” in the sentence is similar in meaning to...........
a.    Liquidate                            b. ice up                      c. preserve                d. cool
5. Will you come to my house ?
     a. Certainly, I will         b. No, I am not          c. No, I don’t will     d. Yes, I do
6. Lisa   : I’m sure Tuti has forgotten to come here.
  Mini  : ........................ she always keeps her promise. I know here well.
     a. I’m sure                   b.  I doubt that            c. I’m sorry              d. I agree with you
7.  Ega   : Do you believe that Mr. Indra is a Computer analyst ?
     Lia    : You .................him, do you ? but I do believe that.
     a. are sure                    b. doubtful                  c. doubt                  d. uncertain
8.  Lady : Mrs Yulia is not fair enough in scoring.
     Beti   : Well, you are not sure about that, ........................ ?
     a. do you                  b. are you                    c. don’t you              d. aren’t you
9. Ridwan never comes on time, .................. ?
      a. never he               b. doesn’t he               c. does he                 d. didn’t he
10.       It could be finished, ................................ ?
      a. couldn’t it            b. couldn’t be it           c. couldn’t it be         d. is it
11.       Study the following notice ?
CAUTION !! WET FLOOR
 
     What should you do when you see the notice ?
      a. You should clean the floor                      c. You should make the floor wet
      b. You should watch your steps                  d. You should dry the floor
12. The following traffic sign mean dilarang belok memutar.
  1. We may turn around
  2. We may not turn around
  3. We must turn right
  4. We must turn left
 

13.       Nani  : What does your father do every afternoon ?
      Indah : He  ................... in the livingroom
      a. read newspaper                                      c. is reading newspaper.
      b. reads magazines                                     d. was reading magazines
14. Read this short paragraph and guess what animal is described
      “It can fly but it isn’t a bird. It likes fruits. It flies at night. It never stands on a branch of a tree. It hangs.”
       What animal is it ?
       a. an eagle                 b. a fish                       c. a bat                    d. a fly
15.  Tourist : How long have you been a driver in this company ?
       Driver  : .........................................
                    You speak very quickly
       Tourist : Okay, let me slown down.
                     How long have you been a driver in this company ?
       Driver  : okay, I can understand you now, five years.
       a. very good              b. I beg your pardon   c. I’m glad                d. See you later
16.  You can not only use a mobile phone for calling ......................for taking picture.
       a. but                         b. but also                   c. and                       d. or
17.  Ani can play gitar. Samuel can play gitar, .............. Ani .................Samuel can play guitar.
       a. both, and               b. not, but also            c. and, both              d. not only, but also
18.  ...............United States and Russia have nuclear weapons.
       a. not only                 b. but                          c. both                      d. also
      Text for no. 19 to 20!


All Of Students Grade 9
You are invited to :
GRADUATION PARTY 2012
MTsS Cendekia

Day /date : Saturday, the twentieth of June two thousand and twelve
Time        : 10 a.m – 01 p.m
Venue      : Insumo Palace “Hotels and Resorts”
                   Jl. Urip Sumoharjo No. 90 Kediri
Come and help us celebrate it

*invitation cards available at OSIS
 
 
           













19. Where will graduation party be held ?
             a. at OSIS room                                             c. at MTsS Cendekia
             b. at Football Field                                         d. at Insumo Palace Hotels and Resorts
20. How long is the graduation party carried out ?
             a. 2 hours                   b. 3 hours                   c. 4 hours              d. 5 hours         
    
Text for number 21 to 23!
How to make fried noodle
-          Boil the noodle in two glasses of water and simmer for 3 minutes
-          Take the noodle from the water and (21)............................ it
-          Put the noodle (22)........................ a plate
-          Pour the seasoning, soy sauce, and chili powder into the noodle and mix well. Spread fried onion and the noodles is ready to (23) .................                                         
21. a. drain                         b. drains                      c.draining               d. drained
22. a. in                              b. above                      c. on                       d. under
23. a boil                            b. serve                       c. bring                   d. mix
24.                   Ali read a newspaper yesterday and ..........................
                                           a. so does Ani             b. so did Ani           c. neither do Ani         d. neither did Ani
25.                   He goes to school and She ........................................
                                           a. is too                       b. was too               c. does too      d. do too
26.       Ega didn’t watch the football final last night and ...........................
            a. I did too                          b. so did I                   c. neither did I        d. I wasn’t either
27.       Adi   : your car is new and luxurious
     Ricky :____________________________
     Adi    : Thank you
     a. oh, it’s beautiful                                                  c. how much is it ?
     b. what a comfortable car it is !                               d. what is a car ?
28.       Marry’s work is excellent ...................................
     a. what a clever girl !                                               c. what a lazy girl !
     b. what a stupid girl !                                  d. what a talkactive girl !

Text for no. 29 - 32
Volcano is a mountain that opens downward to a pool of molten rock below the surface of the earth. When pressure builds up, eruption occur. Gases and rock shoot up through the opening and spill over or fill the air with lava fragments.
Eruptions can causes side explosion, lava flows, hot ash flows, mudslides, landslides, falling ash and floods. Volcano eruptions have been known to knock down entire forests. An erupting volcano can produce tsunamis, flashfloods, earthquakes, mudflows and rockfalls.
Active volcanoes in the U.S are found mainly in Hawaii, Alaska, California, Oregon and Washington. The greatest chance of eruptions near areas where many people live is in Hawaii and Alaska. The danger areas around a volcano covere about a 20-mile radius. In May 18, 1980. Mount St. Helens erupted in washington state. It killed 58 people and caused more than $1billion in property damage.
Fresh volcano ash, made of grinded rock, can be harsh, acidic, rough, glassy and smelly. The ash can cause damage to the lungs of older people, babies and people with respiratory problem. (http://www.fema.gov/kids/volcano.htm)

29.       When does the eruption happen?
     a. when the glasses and rock shoot up                    c. when the air filled with lava fragment
     b. when the pressure increase                                 d. when the explosion knocks down the florest
30.  “Volcano eruption have been known to knock down entire florests.” The underlined word mean ..........
      a. destroy               b. flourish                    c. spread                      d. support       
31.       The side effect of the volcano eruption can be found in paragraph ...................
       a. one                                b. two                          c. three                         d. four
32. “It killed 58 people and coused more ............
     The underlined word refers to .......................
      a. volcano eruption
      b. the dangerous area
      c. the eruption of mount St. Helens
      d. the greatest eruption
33.  What should we do with the peanut before we grind them?



       a. only the students can eat and drink there 
       b. food and beverage are available inside
       c. the classroom will be full if you bring food and drink 
       d. we are not allowed to eat and drink into the classroom

Text for no. 34 – 35




Dear students,
Hope the exams are not too difficult. I’m sure they will all go well for you. You will all passthem will flying colors

Love,
Principal and teachers
 











34. What is the purpose of writing the text?
       a. to tell the students about exams
       b. to wish the students to succeed in their exams
       c. to inform the students to join the exam
       d. to share their exam to the students
35.                                 the phrase “with flying colors” in the text means ............
      a. happily                 b. confusingly             c. satisfactory         d. extraordinary
36. for – can – what – I – do – you  - ?
       1       2         3       4    5       6
      The correct arrangement of the jumbled words is…
      a. 3-2-4-5-1-6          b. 1-2-3-4-5-6             c. 5-1-6-4-3-2         d. 6-5-4-1-2-3
37.                                 medicine – can – drugstore – we – a – buy – in – some
            1            2             3          4      5     6       7        8
     a. 4-2-6-5-3-1-7-8     b. 4-2-5-3-6-7-8-1       c. 4-2-6-8-1-7-5-3  d. 4-6-5-3-2-7-8-1
38. 1. Do you have any ?
      2. four badminton rackets
      3. can I help you, sir ?
      4. yes, I do how many do you need?
      5. yes, I need some rackets

      The good dialogue is ..................
a.       3-5-4-1-2           b. 3-5-1-2-4               c. 3-5-1-4-2            d. 1-4-2-3-5
39. Rearrange these jumbled sentences into a good order!
     1. he plays football very well
     2. they like him very much
     3. he has a lot friends
     4. Bambang Pamungkas is my neighbour
     5. because he is a good football player
     6. he is a timnas Indonesia football player
    
a.       6-4-3-2-1-5       b. 6-4-1-3-2-5              c. 4-6-3-2-1-5         d. 4-6-1-3-2-5
40. Rearrange these jumbled sentences into a good sentence!
     Usually – spend – I – in – Bali – holiday – my
a.       I spend my usually holiday in Bali
b.      in Bali I spend usually holiday my
c.       I usually spend my holiday in Bali
d.      I spend usually my holiday in Bali


II. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW CLEARLY!

Question no. 41



Be Smart, Be Successful
MTsS Sunan Bonang
Jl. Masjid Babadan Tuban
-          Luxurious facilities
-          Excellent co-curricular
-          Professional teachers
-          Nice and comfortable place
We bring you to a better future !!!

 
 






    
41.  a. What is text about ?
       b. We bring you to a better future (last sentence)
            The underlined word refers to ..........................
42.  Add the correct taq !
       a. Don’t go out, ...................................?
       b. I am your classmate, ....................... ? 
43.  Form the following sentences into Elliptical Construction !
       a. Brother is watching TV. Sister is watching TV.
       b. I am not watching the film. She is not watching the film.
44. Arrange these jumbled words into good sentence.
       During – season    - rains – everyday – wet – it – the
45. Arrange these sentences into a good paragraph
       1. he lives in a small village as a farmer
       2. this is because I like to see farmers working in the rice fields
       3. I have an uncle, Mr. Tukul
       4. next week, I want to go there



No comments:

Post a Comment