Ø You are informed that your father has just got promotion in his workplace.
Ø Your English teacher told you that you score in the last test is excellent.
Ø The debate team of your school won the national debate competition.
Ø Your friend hurt himself when playing football.
Ø Your sister slipped and she was in such pain. She couldn't even stand up because she broke her ankle.
Ø Your friend's father suddenly passed away soon after he got off from the bus.
Activity 2.Match them !
No
|
WORDS
|
EXPRESSIONS
|
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8
|
good news
happy
happiness
bad news
sympathy
affection
terrible
condolence
|
It's really great. I'm so
happy.
I'm delighted to hear that.
It gives me satisfaction.
I'm very sorry to hear that!
That is a pity/shame!
Are you OK?
What a terrible situation!
Please accept my
condolences!
No.
|
Activity 3.Answer these questions
1. What do you usually say when you are pleased or happy?
2. What do you usually say when you want to attract someone's attention?
3. Do you have different expressions when showing your happiness in front of your friends and elderly people? If yes, what are the expressions?
4. One of your friends had an accident. What do you say to show your sympathy?
5. Your brother has a problem. He looks sad. What will you say to show your affection?
Activity 4.Read and translate the following expressions.
1. It's really great. I'm so happy.
2. I'm delighted to hear that.
3. It gives me a great pleasure.
4. What a nice news. It makes me happy.
5. I'm really sorry to hear that!
6. Oh that's awful. What a shame.
7. Are you fine?
8. Oh dear. I know how it feels.
9. Please accept my condolences!
10. What a terrible situation for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment