Monday, 9 February 2015

English Mid test grade 8



CHOOSE THE RIGHT ANSWER : A, B, C, OR D !

1.      Student 1         : In his speech last time, Barack Obama said that he won’t it make relationship between America and Indonesia. He doesn’t like Indonesian people.
Student 2        : No, I don’t agree with you. I heard in his speech that he will come again to Indonesia next year. It means that he likes Indonesia vey much.
The underlined sentence above express…
a.       Agreement                                                c. Giving opinion
b.      Disagreement                                d. Giving something
2.      Iman    : How about our new friend, San?
Ichsan  : I think he is very kind
The underlined sentence above called…
a.       Giving a help                                 c. Asking for a help
b.      Asking for something                   d. Asking for opinion

The text below is for question no. 3 to 5!
            Last night, I read an article about adolescence in magazine. I learned that it was a time of change between childhood. After I finished reading the article from magazine, I remembered my own adolescence. I was fourteen at that time. I felt very emotional about everything.
3.      What does the word “I” in the text refers to…
a.       The reader             b. Adolescence            c. the writer     d. The student
4.      How old was the writer when she remembered her own adolescence…
a.       40 years old                                   c. 13 years old
b.      12 years old                                   d. 14 years old
5.      When did she read the article…
a.       Last night              b. yesterday       c. last week               d. last year
Text for number 6 to 7!
Dear Aisya,
I’m having a birthday party at Rose’s Café on Saturday, September 6th at 7 p.m. you are cordially invited.
Amruna.
6.      When is the party being held?
a.       In the morning                  c. in the evening
b.      In the afternoon                d. at night
7.      Who is Aisya?
a.       She is Amruna’s mother                c. She is Amruna’s friend
b.      She is Amruna’s aunt                    d. She is Amruna’s sister
8.      Customer         : Can I speak to Endy?
Secretary         ; Who is calling, please?
The underlined sentence express…
a.       To end conversation on the phone
b.      To start conversation on the phone
c.       To close the conversation
d.      To extend the conversation on the phone
9.      Which expression that extend a conversation on the phone…
a.       See you then         b. by the way              c. really            d. may I speak to

Text for no. 10 to 14!
                                                ON THE BEACH
            Amir and Bima are SMP student. They lived in Bandung. Bandung and its surrounding are mountainous and hilly areas. They usually go to the beach during the holidays. They can choose one of many beautiful beach in Indonesia. Some of the beaches on Java Island are pantai Carita. The beaches in pelabuhan Ratu, Pangandaran, Ancol, parang tritis, while Kuta and Sanur are in Bali.

10.  What are Amir and Bima?
a.       Teacher                  b. Customer                 c. Student                    d. farmer
11.  Which one is true according to the text?
a.       Mountainous an hilly areas are in Bandung and its surrounding
b.      There is no beautiful beach on Java Island
c.       Sanur and Kuta are include the beaches in Java Island
d.      They never go to the beach during the holidays.
12.  They lived in Bandung. The word “they” refers to…
a.       SMP student         b. Amir and Bima       c. the beaches      d. mountainous
13.  Here are the name of beaches in Java Island, except…
a.       Pangandaran         b. Parang tritis             c. Ancol           d. Kuta
14.  Where do Amir and Bima usually go during the holiday?
a.       Bali            b. Mountain                c. Beach                      d. School
15.  How many beaches are there based on the text above?
a.       eight                      c. six
b.      seven                     d. five
16.  Which one is correct about the text?
a.       The writer didn’t go to Italy last summer
b.      The writer couldn’t understand Italian words
c.       The writer always get up early
d.      The writer bought thirty cards in the last day
17.  “Then he lent me a book”. The word “he” refers to…
a.       The writer              c. Friendly waiter
b.      Postman                d. card seller
18.  Farah   : what can I do for you?
Dyma  : ……. I can do by my self
a.       Yes, please            b. sorry            c. by the way               d. no, thanks

Text for no. 28 to 30!
Aisya   : What are you doing to spend your holiday?
Syida   ; I want to go to Batu malang
Aisya   ; why do you spend your holiday there?
Syida   ; I want to visit my grandma. I don’t see her for a long time
Aisya   : Can I join it?
Syida   : With pleasure

19.  The underlined sentence express…
a.       Agreement                                    c. asking opinion
b.      Disagreement                    d. Giving opinion
20.  What does Syida want to do to spend her holiday?
a.       She wants to visit her grandma
b.      She wants to visit Aisya
c.       She wants to visit her mother
d.      She wants to visit her friend
21.  How many persons does involve in the dialogue?
a.       One           b. two              c. three                      d. four

Text for no. 31 to 35
            Once upon a time there lived a kind hearted man and his wife. One morning, his wife found a poor little sparrow. She took it gently and fed it. To show it gratitude, the sparrow stayed with them and sang every morning. But there was an ill-tempered old woman who didn’t like the sparrow. She cut the sparrow’s tongue. That’s why the bird returned to it previous nest.
            Knowing that their sparrow flew away, the kind man and woman looked for their sparrow. They walked a long way, crossed the bridge, climbed a mountain and passed the wood.
            Not long afterwards, they found the sparrow’s nest. The sparrow welcomed them and provided a feast for them. Before they went home, the sparrow brought two baskets, one was large and looked heavy, and the other was small and light. The sparrow asked them to choose one.
            They choose the small one. And that was the best choice. There were many rolls of silk and piles gold in it.
            Being jealous, the ill-tempered old woman did the same thing as kind man and woman did. She choose the big basket which actually contained venomous crewless, such as scorpions, centipedes, and other horrible creatures. Finally, they stung and bit her to death.

22.  What is the purpose of the text?
a.       To describe something                  c. To explain something
b.      To inform something                     d. To entertain the readers
23.  What is the best title of the story?
a.       The old woman and the sparrow              c. The tongue of sparrow
b.      The kind hearted man and sparrow          d. The tongue cut sparrow
24.  The statements below are true, except…
a.       The sparrow lived with a hearted man and sang every morning
b.      The sparrow gave a kind hearted man and his wife many rolls of silk and piles of gold
c.       The ill tempered old woman do the same thing as kind man do and she got silk and gold also
d.      The sparrow flew away returned to its previous nest
25.  Why did the sparrow return to its previous nest?
a.       Kind man and his wife hate him
b.      The sparrow wanted to leave them
c.       The sparrow’s tongue was cut by the ill-tempered woman
d.      The ill-tempered woman didn’t like him




GOOD LUCK




No comments:

Post a Comment